CHAMBERS COUNTY HISTORICAL COMMISSION
RECOGNIZES LOTZ HOUSE

August 12, 2007


Shown Left to Right: R. B. Scherer, Jr., Kay Willcox, Samantha Watts holding son Damon,
Ross Watts, Kenneth Standley and Bob Wheat.

The Chambers County Historical Commission’s Historical Preservation Committee recently recognized the Lotz House.

The Lotz-Young-Storey Home, N. Main St. Between Magnolia and Bay St. In Anahuac, Chambers County, Texas, was built in 1907 by Fred Lotz . The home style is of Late Victorian design, and consists of a 2-story wood frame gable roofed residence with projecting section on facade; attached 1-story porch with shed roof, turned posts, and ballustrading across left 1/2 of facade; small 1-story wings on east and rear elevations. The home is built of wood frame lap siding, roofed with asphalt shingles

The physical condition of the home is good and remains unaltered, and located on the original site.

Originally the home of Fred Lotz who built many of the better known homes. The home is now owned by Ross and Samantha Watts.

Photo and Article by CCHC Publicity Chairman Pudge Willcox



Related Link - Chambers County Historical Commission

 

Back to Announcements    |   Home  |    Contact    |    Email
Copyright ©2004-2007, Anahuac Texas Independence. All Rights Reserved.